27.04.2024, 08:07 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
tuxedo
Titel: How to start Apache on boot?  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 06:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005

I guess there is more tha one way doing this but exactly how can I start Apache (or run any system/root command) on system start-up?

The command is apachectl start.

Perhaps the daemon should therefore also be stopped on logout by apachectl stop. Or simply restarted on boot by apachectl restart.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
kelmo
Titel: RE: How to start Apache on boot?  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 06:40 Uhr
Developer
Developer

Anmeldung: 01. Okt 2004
Code:
unfreeze-rc.d
apt-get update
apt-get --reinstall install apache2
freeze-rc.d

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
tuxedo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 06:59 Uhr

What exactly does unfreeze-rc.d do? I can't find any man page on that command.

I already have Apache/1.3.34 on a stable Kanotix 2005-04 system and it works exactly as it should. I simply need to start it up on boot.

jackiebrown
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 07:06 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005
the freeze thing stops new things from starting/stopping during updates/installs

tuxedo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 07:18 Uhr

Thanks. But does anyone know how do I start Apache on system start up?

Or simply running the command on start up of KDE would be a sufficient workaround.

Does KDE have some kind of here-I-put-my-commands-when-starting file?

h2
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 07:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

if you do exactly what kelmo posted, apache will start as a service on system startup automaticall

jackiebrown
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 08:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005
/home/username/.kde/Autostart

tuxedo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 14:48 Uhr

h2 hat folgendes geschrieben::
if you do exactly what kelmo posted, apache will start as a service on system startup automaticall

OK I understand. apache2 is the successor of Apache 1.3x and perhaps apache2 is preconfigured to autostart on system boot. However, I've already installed/configured the earlier version of Apache to specific requirements, and I'm not sure if the config procedure will be the same on apache2, so I'll just add the apachectl start procedure to the ~/.kde/Autostart as an intermediate solution. Thanks for the tip. I will check the apache2 server in time for my next Kanotix install.

arlekin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 16:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jun 2006
If you need Apache being started at boot time (read: with root privileges), these notes on "pseudo daemons" might be of some use - supposing you're able to adapt my nasty little hack to your own needs Winken

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
h2
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.08.2006, 20:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

tuxedo, you can also just install sysv-rc-conf, which will bypass the freeze/unfreeze mechanism, and give you direct control over all system services, runlevels they start at, etc. That's what I use, it's very easy to read, and very easy to understand. console app, but lists things in very readable format, and it's very easy to change startup stuff.

Downside is that it stops freeze from working, which means after some dist-upgrades you might have to go in and turn off some new unwanted daemons / services, but it's very easy to do that. Upside is that you know what services are running.

kanotix control center, if I remember right, also has an option to turn off or on services, check that out first.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.