19.03.2024, 11:22 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
kaim
Titel: Kanotix as VmWare guest auto-resize issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.09.2020, 22:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Sep 2020

Hi and thank you for the grate distribution.

I am running Kanotix under VmWare Payer 15 that runs on Debian host (so Linux version of VmWare payer) and I got a strange irritating issue.

It is out of scope why it is like so, let's just stick to it.

Despite openvm-tools and openvm-tools-desktop being installed Kanotix will always boot to 800x600 resolution. I tryed to edit grub to force it for 1280x1024 with no luck. The GPU memory is 32Mb for the VM.

I am able to set custom resolution with xrandr and even made a script that sets it during session startup but my goal is to let VmWare auto-resize to work. For now if I disable the script that sets the resoution Kanotix always boots at 800x600.
More over if VM aborts or it's window gets resized Kanotix will boot to 800x600 even with the script in place.

I would realy anticipate any help or direction as I am out of ideas.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: Kanotix as VmWare guest auto-resize issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 06.09.2020, 12:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

I tested open-vm-tools-desktop with Kanotix Silverfire KDE live - after install you need to restart lightdm (service lightdm restart) and it worked for VMware ESXi. Did not try VMware Player.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.