19.06.2024, 21:08 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
fatbloke
Titel: How do I set default applications ???  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.08.2006, 20:15 Uhr

Anmeldung: 20. Aug 2006
Like I prefer mplayer to xine but how to tell the system to open mplayer instead of xine.

Or, I'd like links in kmail/kontact to open firefox, not konqueror and vice versa for links in webpages/firefox to start new message in kmail/kontact?

regards

fatbloke

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
kilgoretrout
Titel: RE: How do I set default applications ???  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.08.2006, 23:45 Uhr

Anmeldung: 28. Jul 2005

You can usually set that up in kdecontrol center>Components>File Associations

piper
Titel: RE: How do I set default applications ???  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.08.2006, 04:13 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Due to Geman law we can't talk about ** things
so if you need help with any of this, please come and visit us on irc at #kanotix

Thank You Smilie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
fatbloke
Titel: Re: RE: How do I set default applications ???  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.08.2006, 20:35 Uhr

piper hat folgendes geschrieben::
Due to Geman law we can't talk about ** things
so if you need help with any of this, please come and visit us on irc at #kanotix

Thank You Smilie

Da nada piper, devil sent me a nice e-mail explaining "the score".

As for IRC, well it's something I've heard of but never bothered to use - I'm guessing that I'll have to do, yet more learning Sehr glücklich

regards

fatbloke

p.s. oh and yes, I've had a look at the kde options but none of that really means much to me i.e. I've always used distro's that either did what I wanted, applications wise, or had some sort of "distro control centre" that did the things that KDE etc, weren't so hot at (Mandrake/mandriva as a case in point).

devil
Titel: Re: RE: How do I set default applications ???  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.08.2006, 20:50 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
fatbloke,
there is an easy way to do it, but you will have to do it for like avi, mpeg, mp3 and others one by one.
click right on a .avi (for example) and go to properties. on the upper right you see a little tool icon, that you click. there you can choose your preferred app for that format.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

fatbloke
Titel: RE: Re: RE: How do I set default applications ???  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.08.2006, 22:20 Uhr

Oh, right. I'll give that a go and see what happens.

TVM

fatbloke

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.